Thursday, March 28, 2013

True Blue


The second I ever saw these pants I recalled the hallowed words of 'Miranda Priestly'.  "What you don't know is that that sweater (In my case raw silk trousers) is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean." And cerulean they are. Sort of like all those tumblr pictures one sees when surfing through photos tagged with "summer". But like those pictures, my pants (which are made by Eloise) and the accompanied top mix different tones of blue. 



I feel obligated to add that trousers are my best friend. And not the stiff, no-nonsense versions that pervade through L.L. Bean catalogs. The kind that move with your knees and slip over your skin (that is, if you're freshly shaven.) And lucky for me, this style of pant is very relevant.  Whether it be in a tie print or even a worn white linen, it evokes a miraculous blend of elegance and laziness. And with this cerulean color, I feel like I can cheat and never don another pair of jeans for the rest of my life.


Playing a matching game today, I stayed very blue-neutral and wore a Zara top with a mixture of embroidery, micro-sequins and beads. Its made of a sweatshirt material, so with the aforementioned pants, this might just be the chicest pajama set anyone has ever seen. 


By Lizzie Furlong // West Coast








No comments:

Post a Comment