Sunday, August 25, 2013

In The Dirt








           As my summer in Cali came to a close, I wanted to put together a few western-  inspired looks with some recently acquired pieces before I headed back east. I was immediately drawn to the tiny pleat detailing and billowy shape of the Twenty8Twelve blouse when I saw it. I love it's versatility, and ability to be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. I stuck to a purely black and white color palette, pairing the top with leather paneled pants, wide-brimmed leather hat, and my go-to strappy sandals for a little bit of unexpected juxtaposition. I also paired the same look with some flat Franco Sarto western ankle boots for a more casual version in some of the photographs.





I threw in a few shots of my Blu Moon long-sleeved romper and my new Alexander Wang velcro bootie things that I've also been obsessed with since I bought them. The shoes have yet to fail me, they are so comfortable and go with so many different outfits- definitely one of my favorite purchases of the summer. 




With the final look, hemlines were raised and necklines lowered for a bit of a dressier vibe. I wore my leather mini skirt I found at H&M in New York right before I came home, and my simple silk tank I have literally been living in since I purchased it at J.Crew a few weeks ago. It is such a perfect staple piece, as the silk makes it look nice enough to be worn on its own, and it looks equally good layered under a sweater or blazer. I threw on my calf hair, leopard-print belt, (also from J.Crew), and a handful of rings and snake hand wrap to accessorize the look. 


                       


xx, Rach // East Coast

First Look: Top: Twenty8Twelve by Sienna Miller / Hat: Minnetonka (from Free People) / Belt: J.Crew / Pants: Tory Burch / Shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target // Boots: Franco Sarto

Second Look: Romper: Blu Moon (from Planet Blue) / Sunglasses: Vintage  (from American apparel) / Shoes: Alexander Wang

Third Look: Silk Top: J.Crew / Leather Skirt: H&M / Rings: J.Crew, Vintage Native American rings, and a brooklyn jeweler / Hand Wrap: Alkemie Jewelry (from Wasteland)

No comments:

Post a Comment