Monday, April 22, 2013

Ode to Earth Day


Earth Day can really be any day in Southern California. Foliage is everywhere (usually brown or, rather, "golden"), and landscaped gardens full of greenery are not hard to come by. Dressing in a kaleidoscope of color, texture, and pattern only seem natural in this environment. 


A cobalt blue statement necklace (found at the ever attainable and affordable Anthropologie), with a contrasting black and white cotton jumper by J.Crew, maintains my love of smashing together two unlikely counterparts. 


The skirt, well, really isn't a skirt at all. In fact, it is a strapless dress by BCBG Maxazria Collection. Watching last years Spring 2012 show via youtube induced a color-blocking coma that really hasn't abated. I think it's something I'll be wearing until the day I die. One thing is certain: I'm a freak for pleats. And I paired the entire ensemble with the notorious, tumblr-famous color-blocked Zara heels.


Even though I didn't plant a tree or cultivate any organic produce, I'd say rubbing up against roses and being blinded by sunlight was a small act of appreciating Mother Earth. And it wasn't without casualties  - I regrettably sunk my shoe into a chasm of fertilizer. 



Lizzie Furlong - West Coast



No comments:

Post a Comment